Effective date: September 03, 2018
Lockstep (Pty) Ltd. (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the lockstep.consulting website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Company name
- Job title
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data that may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our service
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes
Use of Data
Lockstep (Pty) Ltd. uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
What are your rights when it comes to your personal information?
You have the right to be informed about the personal information we have, and what we do with it.
You have the right to:
- Ask us what we know about you
- Ask what information was sent to our suppliers, service providers or any other third party
- Ask us to update, correct or delete any out-of-date or incorrect personal information we hold about you if it is no longer necessary to provide services to you
- Unsubscribe from any direct marketing. communications we may send you
- Object to the processing of your personal information
You can request access to the information we hold about you or correct your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com.
It can take us up to 21 business days to respond to your request because there are procedures that we need to follow. In certain cases, we may require proof of your identity, and sometimes changes to your information may be subject to additional requirements such as valid proof of residence.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside South Africa and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to South Africa and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Lockstep (Pty) Ltd. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Lockstep (Pty) Ltd
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Digital communication with HubSpot
On our website we use the HubSpot marketing automation software of the American company Hubspot Inc., 2nd Floor 30 North Wall Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland (hereinafter referred to as “Hubspot”).
Hubspot is an integrated software solution by which we cover different aspects of our digital marketing, sales and customer relation management. Furthermore, we use the tool for analytical purposes of our web offer in order to optimize it and to offer you the best possible and user-friendly service.
We use Hubspot for:
- Contacting us using the contact form
- Evaluating the usage of our web pages (e.g. access, pages visited, dwelling time, etc.)
- The contents of our web pages as well as your personal data which you provide, e.g. when using our contact form, are stored on the servers of our software partner HubSpot
Of course Hubspot also uses “cookies” which are saved on your computer and allow us to analyze your usage of the website. The information gathered (e.g. IP address, geographical location, type of browser, duration of the visit and pages viewed) is evaluated by Hubspot on our behalf so that we can generate reports on the visit and the pages viewed and can therefore improve our online presence. If you generally do not want Hubspot to record your activities on our website, you can deny it in the cookie message appearing during the first visit to our pages.
Any information gathered by us is subject to this Data Privacy Statement. HubSpot is certified under the terms of the “EU – U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks” and is subject to the TRUSTe’s Privacy Seal as well as “U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor” framework. This means that any processing of personal data by certified companies in the non-European region conforms to European data protection standards.
More information on HubSpot’s data protection regulations can be found here.
More information by HubSpot regarding the EU data protection regulations can be found here.
More information on the cookies used by HubSpot can be found here.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- MailChimp is a marketing automation platform and an email marketing service. Mailchimp may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own network.
- When a subscriber on your list declines to receive further communications, it’s called an unsubscribe. CAN-SPAM and other anti-spam laws require MailChimp to have an unsubscribe process in place.
- LinkedIn’s mission is to connect the world’s professionals to allow them to be more productive and successful. Central to this mission is our commitment to be transparent about the data we collect about you, how it is used and with whom it is shared.
- Please visit https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy for more information.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Promotion of Access to Information Act
Lockstep access to information: Manual
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org